Digital Science specializes in scientific software products that solve some of the biggest challenges in research and communication. Most products serve the needs of multiple stakeholders; researchers, authors, institutions and funders as well as publishers. Our groundbreaking products bring us to the center of innovation, change, and disruption that’s taking place in the industry. We’re able to solve pressing problems for our customers, allowing them to focus on making the world a better place through their research. It’s an exciting place to be.
We are hiring a Senior Accountant to join our motivated and collaborative team. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the day to day financial operational tasks as well as for the prompt and accurate preparation of the management and financial accounting reports and analyses for US-based Digital Science portfolio companies This is a diverse role that will require a person who is hands-on, self-motivated, responsible and enjoys working in a challenging and fast paced environment. A strong collaboration with the team based in London, UK, as well as Cambridge, MA, is needed for this position.
On the job you will have the following responsibilities:
Recurring Finance and Tax Responsibilities
- Accounts Payable / Account Receivable
- Allocation of transactions in Netsuite
- Expense report approval & payment
- Maintain monthly balance sheet account reconciliations (fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accruals, etc.) and post month end closing entries as needed.
- Monitor and reconcile cash balance
- Month-end close and reporting
- Year-end reporting support
Other Finance, Tax, and Operational Support
- KPI tracking support
- Forecast process support, including Cash Flow forecasting
- Work with external support as needed
- Support indirect tax filing in the US and worldwide (i.e. US sales tax/ VAT/GST, etc.) & US income tax filing. Year-end coordination on federal and state income tax returns, and support for sales tax (EU VAT Tax) as needed.
- Support the customer service team, as needed, with questions related to invoices, payments, indirect taxes (i.e.US sales taxes/VAT/GST, etc.)
- Operational support as needed - e.g. finance interface with Sales Force.
- Bachelor degree or higher: must have either accounting / finances / tax or other appropriate qualification
- Min. 2 years experience in relevant role
- Indirect tax (in particular US sales tax) and US income tax experience
- Familiar with electronic tax filing
- Relevant experience with common cloud-based accounting systems such as Netsuite, Quickbooks
- Confident to work to and deliver to tight deadlines
- Experience and familiarity with Saas-based products/services desired
- Detail oriented with a strong sense for precise and diligent work
- Ability to prioritise own workload
- Embrace responsibility and work independently with a good sense when to ask for support, guidance and/or approval
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- Enjoy working with start-ups in a changing environment
- Competitive pay and benefit package
- Employer contribution into your employer sponsored retirement account
- A vibrant, energetic, and entrepreneurial team that really loves what they do
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties to meet the ongoing needs of the team.